June 16, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Special Edition

PB, as per your request. :)
thesis_10-1
Title: Accomplishment
Date: June 16th, 2010
Location: Stanford, CA

P.S.: 1. Unlike most universities, Stanford has a system of submitting the draft copies of the thesis to the committee instead of final bounded copies before the defense. The final copies are made after all the corrections have been incorporated. This makes sense to me: What’s  the point of making final bounded copies if there  are going to be correction anyways? Hope other universities will someday follow this tradition and make life easier for the students. And yes, this is the draft I submitted today.

2. Note I didn’t put a copyright sign on today’s photo.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work! Good luck with the defense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pradeep! It's still a month away so I can relax a bit.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for the defense.

    Where I studied, they didn't require the bound copy before the defense. That was taken care of after, once all the corrections were made and it was good to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on finishing the documentation & best of luck for defense! As always, loved the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Titaxy!

    You are the first who told me so. Everyone else is usually surprised when I tell them about this. Even in my masters in India, I had to have the bound copies before the Master presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool...that is a sensible way of doing things! For my masters here we had to bind it and got marked on the same. So no corrections before the final copy. Good luck! And it looks great... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed. in our masters (back in India), the same thing happened. So I really appreciate having a system of a gap before you need to submit the final copy. I already have spotted so many of them. Given I am not a native-English speaker (and not good in English), I specially need that time..

    ReplyDelete