June 22, 2009

Please don’t…

irritatedAs usual I am complaining. And today I am complaining about the Orkut users. Well honestly, it’s about the Orkut users I know, which means technically they are my “friends” though I am not sure how can I become friends with so less common sense. And may be I am out of line on few of them but they irritate me immensely so here they are:

- Please don’t comment on your wife’s album containing your baby’s pictures saying how amazing she (the baby) looks. I understand she means the world to you, but to the world you look dumb by doing so. 

- Please don’t change your name to phrases as “Never say never” or to symbols as “..” and expect me to guess who you are BangHeadHerewhen you comment or scrap. Especially when  your profile picture is a rose and you are sending a friendship request asking me “Remember me?”. How on Earth am I suppose to guess who you are, forget about “remembering you”? 

- Please don’t post your baby’s picture as your profile picture. Some of us are trying to find an old friend whose name might be same as yours but we have no idea how his or her baby might look like. It’s really annoying to attempt guessing how your baby’s mom or dad looks like while staring at his or her picture. You can put a picture of your baby with you, if you do want to show off your baby.

- Please don’t use your spouse’s profile as your own. You can create your own 20080714-lovebirdsprofile. You know it’s FREE. It doesn’t cost you anything. It’s weird leaving a scrap for you at your spouse’s profile. I understand that you two are two bodies and one soul and all that but for some unknown reason you still have two separate friend circles. I have not met your spouse. EVER. So please understand the weirdness of the situation from my point of view.

- Please don’t mix and match the location. Your current location is the location where you currently live and work. You can’t be in Allahabad and Washington, D.C. at the same time. They are practically half the globe away from each other!

- Please don’t put photos of celebrities as your profile picture. No matter how much you adore those celebrities, THEY ARE NOT YOU. Sooner you realize that, better it’s for you.

- Please don’t write your name in a language unknown to some of your friends. Be polite and write in  English. I feel unwelcomed by such gestures.

unwelcome(from: http://www.know-insurance.co.uk/)

P.S.: Yes they all are real incidents.

5 comments:

  1. He he, i totally agree with what all you said.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Richa,
    I can soooooo agree with you. I agree with EVERYTHING you said- ohhh soooooo much :)
    THe most irritating is point number 4. If you think you are so inconsequential that your husband's profile is enough for you, then you need not be on ORkut at all.
    Waise I agree with the Baby bits also. Its most irritating if you change your own name to your baby's name!
    Oh god, I can't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the lovebirds :)
    hehehehawhaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sunny_raju: Thanks!

    @ Rachna: I know! Guess we have same circles.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ sunny_raju: Thanks!

    @ Rachna: I know! Guess we have same circles.. :)

    ReplyDelete