June 8, 2010

Nostalgia, Anniversary etc.

Usually, I don’t believe in celebrating blog-anniversary though I do remember the anniversary of this blog every year. Just because it falls on the Marriage Anniversary of my parents: 9th June. Yeah, yeah, I know I am a day early in writing this post (well technically it’s the eve before, so I am ok, right?) but I don’t think I will get much time tomorrow and this year it’s kind of important.

You see, three years ago when I started this blog, I didn’t think that I will last this long. This is my third blogging attempt. So when it came to picking the name for the blog, I simply picked the first thing that came to my mind. And that’s how “Grad Life” came into being. It was just a fling. And yet, here I am three years later still kicking and blogging. Okay not so much kicking due to the back pain that this grad life has given me, but still blogging.

So why is it important, you ask? Oh well, the trouble is that now my real grad life is coming to an end (FINALLY!). So I can’t continue a blog named “Grad Life”, can I? Oh, don’t worry I am not deleting the blog. I simply want to rename it and yes, change the decor too. But that has to wait. My official date of graduation is September 23rd, but unofficially I finish in July. And I want to officially change name of this blog then (in July). I will finish up the decor work later.

Anyhoo, my problem is that I need to pick a new name for my blog. The ones I could think of so far are:

- Post- Grad Life (Lame, I know)

- Just Life ( I actually do like this one)

- Daydreamer

- My Dhvani (I am leaning towards this one. Yes Rachna, I do love the name Dhvani.)

Do you have a preference? Or a suggestion? I will appreciate any comment on this subject matter. Also, as it’s my blog’s third anniversary, I will appreciate it if, for once, you please comment on the blog. That is, if you do read my stupid ramblings and I am not simply talking to thin air (This is my feeble attempt on emotional blackmailing, please relent).

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the blog anniversary, Richa. And congratulations to your parents too!

    Will come back later if I think of any nice names :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is "Emotional Hatyachar"-lol.......My Dhvani sounds good, isnt it one of the name you wanted to name your kid??? Other options could b - my life, Days in my life, My lifes diary......am not good in thinking anything better, as its your life and its about your writing, so i think you are the better judge of what the title should be......So go with you heart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Or Blogoversary! (Whatever the term is!)

    I do like 'Just Life'. How about 'Life in the eyes of Richa'? Or 'Life: Richa's journey'? Or 'My Journey through Life'?

    Have I confused you enough? :P I guess bottomline, maybe keeping the word 'life' in the title will be a good idea given that it's part of the current one...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...not that My Dhvani doesn't sound nice....but you are going to have to explain what it means to people outside of India. And maybe that can be the blog name when you have your daughter! ;) Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog-anniversary!

    And congratulations on being so close to graduating :) I love the fourth option too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Titaxy! Sorry for not replying earlier ,but as you know I have been busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha..I didn't know I wrote that bad. :P

    You are right, it's my choice. I was just looking for suggestions. :)
    'Days of my life' sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks PB! Sorry for being late. You know, I have been busy.

    I agree. I also want to keep life in the title. Trouble is coming up with a theme with such a general word..anyway, will try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha.. You have gotta a point.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Smitha! Sorry for replying so late. I have been a bit busy for past few days.

    I do like the name 'Dhavni' but can't make up my mind about naming the blog as Dhvani..we will see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems that is the strongest name among them. Thanks for the vote Cee Kay. Sorry for being late. Have been a bit busy lately..

    ReplyDelete