June 14, 2010

Absent mindedness

As I am nearing my submission date and then defense date, I am becoming more and more absent minded (not to mention, sleep deprived and extremely cranky).  But don’t they say that you ain’t defending your PhD if ain’t absent minded yet. Oh okay, I totally made it up but it still remains more or less true. I have heard quite a few incidents from friends and acquaintances about their days before defense.

Anyway, so the worst thing I have done yet (I still have more than a month to go), you ask? I introduced myself as Rachna, instead of Richa. Yep, I forgot my own name! Not that I have a long name. In fact I don’t even have a second name (surname), or a third name (middle name) to remember. I have a simple five lettered name: RICHA. And I love my name too. And yet, I did that.

How about you? What’s the worst absent minded thing you have done? I bet you can’t top mine..

10 comments:

  1. I am so honored :)
    This means that you really love me ;)
    ohhok, at least think about me :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't remember? It happened at the last party, right after you introduced yourself. I guess, I simply mimicked you: without changing the name!

    Am not sure about "really loving you" part but I do love having you as a friend. Will miss you guys when I leave the bay area. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me toooooooo! Will really really really miss you :(
    Love talking to you. And it helps that we think similarly about such a lot of things.
    Not to mention seeing Stanford plays- ab mujhe kaun dikhayaga?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL! Most absent minded thing...well, I poured my coffee into my cereal bowl instead of milk. I have a coffee maker (cheap one that has a pot like you see in FRIENDS at the coffee shop) and my morning routine is always pour coffee in the cup and pour milk in the cereal bowl. I just forgot the cup one morning and poured the coffee straight into the cereal bowl instead...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe..during my pre-thesis-submission-times, I have done lots of crazy stuff like keeping the cell phone in the fridge .. And searching the whole house for it.. Only found it when i got a call, and was surprised to see it coming from the fridge :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL.

    The absent minded things I do revolve around forgetting things, that's all. :) At least so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe...PB! That would have been some interesting breakfast and some interesting day :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha...I have kept my phone in lot of places but never in a fridge or an oven. Hope it still worked after its freezing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe..I also forgot something, except it was my NAME!! I got a flashback of the time when our high school teacher would tell us to remember the trigonometric identities like our name. I guess I am allowed to forget them now.. :)

    ReplyDelete