June 18, 2010

Conversation with a six year old

- While accompanying her to the Jungle gym, she asks me to do what she is doing. I confess that most probably I won’t be able to do it (due to back ache), she tells me “if a six year old can do it, then then then..how old are you Richa.”
Me - “31”
J - “then a 31 year old can do it too.”
Me - “Right.”

- 10 minutes later she asks me, “Richa, are you married?”
Me - “No, I am not.”
J- “But you are 31!”

- “How do you say one in Hindi, Richa?” She has an Indian boy in her class now.
Me - “Ek.”
J - “Huh?”
Me - “Ai-k.”
J - “Like stomach ache?”
Me - “Yes, exactly like stomach ache.”

- J - “C (her 2 year old sister) is sweet.”
Me - “Yes, but you are sweeter than her.”
J - “Really?”
Me - “Yes.”
J - “Okay. But don’t say that when she (her sister) is older.”

- “Why were you standing behind the Indian flag instead of US flag on the international day at school, J?”, her mom asked.
J - “Because Richa is our family and she is Indian.”
Her mom - “No. We love Richa as family but she is not related to us.”
J - “oh..”


:) Is it a surprise that I look forward to spend time with her?

2 comments:

  1. Aww she's cute! I especially liked the last bit of standing behind the Indian flag because you are family =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is the sweetest thing ever. I simply love spending time with her :)

    ReplyDelete