April 11, 2020

Apocalypse #AtoZchallenge 2020


Really? Well, that's what few people claim this to be. I mean I know we are not in a normal situation at the moment (no, I don't use abbreviations. That must show my age but I don't care). I am not sure it is as bad as an apocalypse. Things are bad. Yes. More than half the world population is in some form of restricted movement scenario. We are watching counters for infected people and deaths go up and up. It's scary. However, the death rate is 6%, unlike ebola with up to 90% death rate. The issue we are facing is the speed at which this is spreading, hence the movement restrictions. So can we not make it something bigger than it already is?  

P.S.: 1. Well, I am late to the AtoZ Challenge but better late than never.
2. I managed to write the entire post without mentioning Coronavirus by name. Pretty sure you understood what I was talking about anyway. Goes to show we all have associated apocalypse with Coronavirus. That or nothing else is going on in the world that comes close to apocalypse at the moment.   

2 comments:

  1. It might not be the apocalypse, but if there's just one life and no restart button, I guess it's better to treat this as an apocalypse ๐Ÿ˜›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's always the case, isn't it? And yet, there are so many riding their motorcycle in hellish speed God-knows-going-where without a helmet. The worst are those who carry their helmet with them but only wear it when they see a cop! There is definitely no apocalypse for them!! More die in the motorcycle accident in India than they are from Corona. Just saying..

      Delete