June 3, 2008

Yahoo!

Today, for first time in my life, I seriously regret forgoing the Infy offer (Yes. Once upon a time, I had a job offer from Infosys) and sticking to oil industry. Reason? Yahoo's employee severance plan. I agree that was just a strategy for thwarting Microsoft deal but still imagine quitting Yahoo at the moment means:
  • - up to two years of full pay and benefits following departure,
  • - $3,000-$15,000 of "outplacement services" (help finding a new job),
  • - accelerated stock and option vesting, and
  • - the ability to leave the company--and trigger the severance payments--for any "good reason" (including, presumably, that you'd rather get paid not to work).

I learned the exact terms of the Yahoo Employee Severance plan today. All I knew until today was that it helped Yahoo to get out of that deal. I never thought of it in terms of a Yahoo! employee.

Usually senior executives of top companies (Companies in Fortune 500) get such an offer. But Yahoo is offering this to an ordinary full-time employee! I envy all the Yahoo employees at the moment and seriously regret forgoing the chance of being in IT industry. I wish...

1 comment:

  1. wow thts a great offer to yahoo employees, they must b like yahoooooooo

    ReplyDelete