June 24, 2008

Finally..Project Snapshots #43, #44, #45, #46 and #47

I got to uploading and posting the pictures. So here are the pictures...

The first one is actually first day of the conference. We went a little over time that day so I was sitting in the conference room when alarm went off. So here is the shot.

Date: June 18, 2008
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Titled: Presentation

Next day I was walking out of the conference place (Quadrus Conference Center) when it started ringing. So here is the view from somewhere in the way from the conference hall and parking lot.

Date: June 19, 2008
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Titled: Quadrus

The next day my shopping spree started again but this time it was for essential I would need for the travel and new place. So I bought few sodas for the way and a cooler (and I am so glad I did. there was no way that I could have made it alive to Bakersfield without them. Saturday was the hottest day in the country which makes Southern California even worse.)

Date: June 20, 2008
Location: Mountain View, CA
Titled: Shopping 1

Next day, after reaching Bakersfield, I went shopping again. I needed some basic necessities like dish detergent, fabric detergent, few hangers, bath rug, shower curtain etc. In fact I have been shopping for past 5 days now. You don't realize importance of those small things till they go missing. Things like lamps (oh yeah, quite often they don't provide any lights in the living room or bedrooms. They are only responsible for florescent lights which they place in Kitchen and Bathroom. And its not like that they have wall mounted lamps where you can put your bulb in and start using. you have to buy the lamps and bulbs for each room.) or waste basket. Anyway, so thats what I have been buying for past few days. I keep forgetting something or the other (I did make list but somehow I keep forgetting it at home...EACH AND EVERY TIME!).

Date: June 21, 2008
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Titled: Shopping 2

I haven't started rambling about my apartment yet, have I? Ok here it goes...I love it. I absolutely love it. Its a nice enclosed society with about 100-150 houses (I think). They have two pools and a fitness center and quite a few fountains/small ponds on the property. As I was walking towards my apartment, unloading things from my car, about 4-5 ducks lead the way. Combined with the calming sound of fountain, it seemed so perfect. I would just love to sit in the grass near one of those fountain and read something. I will get around to doing that one of these days. Meanwhile, enjoy the shot from just outside my apartment. I was walking towards my car to go for shopping (yet again). The sun is bright and hot but shade feels nice..

Date: June 22, 2008
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Titled: New (Temporary) Home

2 comments:

  1. busy shopping, wht abt ur cards is it unlocked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I got new cards so thats an advantage but I don't want to have a lot debt on my name so I have to stop spending money!

    ReplyDelete