January 15, 2008

I need help

A complicated subject material combined with a Professor who don't know how to explain very well and too top that he has a French accent. A one and the half hour of non-stop class in which he goes from slides to blackboard to Mathematica(a mathematics SW). And the concepts of the subject are his own so no other source of help. No doubt he is brilliant at what he does and he is eager to answer the questions but to ask questions you have to understand the basics at least.

And then you ask other students in the class whether they understood what was taught? The answer is always yes, somehow. But when they try explaining it, you know they are in the same place as you. Why don't people just accept that they are clueless about whats going on? Why do they have to pretend to be so smart when they have absolutely no idea what-so-ever? And why do I have to pretend to be a total idiot when I understand more than them (at times at least)? My problem: if I have slightest confusion about the topic, I will go screaming and shouting that I don't understand when people don't understand anything and pretend they know so much. Why? May be I am the weirdo (yeah again) but either ways I need help. Let me go and look into class-notes again...

P.S.: Ok from now on...posts on the Tuesday and Thursdays will be this confusing (the classes are on Tuesday and Thursday). Bear with me till the quarter ends (15th March, 2008) or if I decide to drop the class (extremely unlikely).

No comments:

Post a Comment