January 30, 2008

Seminars

Seminars totally unrelated to your field of work are so great. It gives you time to sit and think about so many other things which is sort of impossible in the crazy schedule I have. Anyway, so in today's seminar, I actually went for introspection as well as retrospection which I have been holding off for a while now. And some how came up the idea of sensitivity and something I was talking with a friend. And one thing lead to another (you know how it is when you are lost in your thoughts. No? You don't have an overly-active imagination like me? Ok then take my word for it..) and finally somehow I arrived to these questions:

Is being sensitive a vice or a virtue? People at times perceives it as a weakness but that also makes you a better person. How do you find that correct balance between the two: Being sensitive enough that you don't loose touch with the humanity but still don't come out as a weak person or rather someone easy to manipulate or even someone who wouldn't be able to deal with stress? Or may be more importantly, can we change our sensitivity at our command or is it something very inherent, very basic part of the nature which can't be changed?

Oh well, just few questions going through my mind for past hour before the presentation ended and then I was back in the real world, doing real job...Just using the lunch break to write them down before they disappear in oblivion again.

3 comments:

  1. u have put lot of questions in my mind now, my experience is tht some times i have least command n become very sensetive n vice versa depending on situation on mindset..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm..I think I know what you mean. It happens to me too..its just depends on the type of day I am having...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..I think I know what you mean. It happens to me too..its just depends on the type of day I am having...

    ReplyDelete