January 4, 2008

Skin Deep

On the risk of being considered vain, I am writing this post. As I have mentioned a few times before, a friend of mine from London was here for two weeks. She is a wonderful photographer though she refuses to accept the compliment. I was her favorite model for last two weeks. It was a torture, honestly. Imagine a person who is more comfortable behind the camera has been left without a camera and asked to "pose" for the camera! Can you think of a worse torture? But I digress. As I was saying, she is a wonderful photographer and hence I have a few decent pictures now which I posted on my orkut album and thats where it begins.

An old acquaintance from college (who also used to be one of the most popular guy of our college in our times) does the honor of scrapping me (of course, giving a compliment for the pictures) and asks for my number and gives his cell phone number. He has been in US for two years now. Our families have known each other for a long time and he has never, never asked for my number before this. All of sudden, I am someone whom he can talk to? Just because I look good in few photographs (once again pardon my vanity)? Eewww...Now I remember the reason why I never liked any of those good looking guys in my college days. Why do all the good-looking/popular people have to be so shallow? Honestly, I was allergic to all the good-looking guys back then. I am not sure I like them now anymore than I used to back then.
Ew, ew, ew. Yucky.

P.S.: Once again I am just rambling here. This feeling of disgust has been overpowering me for two days now so I have to write it down. I have to get it out of my system...

7 comments:

  1. I have also observed this- a lot of the good-looking people are indeed shallow. Maybe getting by on looks comes so easily to them that they have never needed or wanted to improve the mess inside!

    More importantly- you do look awesome in the pictures!
    Thirdly- do I know the guy ;)
    (Is he from Rke??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah maybe. But then how do they live with themselves. Or may be they live for people around them and never thought about themselves ever. As Jane Austen puts it:

    “Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.”

    So they can never be proud but just vain. And they live their entire life like that!! Amazing...

    Thanks! But I guess the compliments should go to the photographer. She captured really nice moments.

    And yes you do know the guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Now I remember the reason why I never liked any of those good looking guys in my college days"

    we are a hated breed. But life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never said I hated the species. They don't deserve as much attention. They are just disgusting and I keep well away from them... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell me tell me!!!!
    Kaun hai?
    I'll die of curiosity- and random speculation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha..and what will I get to name the names??

    ReplyDelete