October 18, 2010

Weekends

are the hardest. After six years of being in grad school and having this nagging voice (which oddly resembles my mom's voice. Sorry mom.) at back of your brain at all the time, enumerating all the pending tasks, its hard to adjust to a weekend without a to-do list and that nagging voice. You know except the usual laundry and cleaning the house. So what do you do on a weekend when you are no longer a grad student? Really?

So far I have been reading the Percy Jackson series (you haven't checked out my latest "currently reading" section, have you?) but I will be running out of those very soon. True I can start reading something else but its so not me. I get bored very easily with any one activity and need to distract myself with something else (thats why I have so many hobbies: reading, photography, sketching, blogging, martial arts etc). May be I have an ADHD: may be I am also a demigod (sorry, a Percy Jackson series joke. If you have read them you will understand, if not, then never mind. Won't recommend them. I just wanted something silly to read at the moment so picked that series up).

But even with my numerous hobbies and pass times, I don't think I can keep myself busy through the weekends (seriously, you can't sketch or blog the whole day, can you?). So what am I supposed to do with all this extra time I have now? Somebody help...

1 comment:

  1. how about back to back movies. There are some weekends when I just become an awesome couch potato and watch like 4-5 movies during the weekend. Maybe I will do it the coming weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete