October 26, 2010

The past week

- My eyes have been twitching for a week now. Oh well, not constantly. It comes and goes. But its really annoying. Even more annoying is the fact that every time I mention it to someone (Indian), the first question they ask: “Which eye? Because, you see, if its your left eye it’s a good omen and if its your right eye it’s a bad omen.” And since its my left eye, I am told not to worry about it! Honestly?

- I called up my medical insurance company to ask about the date from which I have coverage. Since October 4th they tell me, but as they have not yet send me my medical insurance card I can’t visit a doctor (unless I want to pay). What’s the point of having a coverage which I can’t use, if I may ask?

- I, now, have a personal trainer, who did a fitness assessment recently to find that I am fat. I mean, my body fat is a whopping 23%. So I am given an exercise routine to reduce that fat and gain muscles. All I can say: my body isn’t too happy at the moment. The fat that they are trying to turn into muscle is protesting vehemently and causing me a lot of pain. Why don’t muscles protest that way when they get converted back to fat due to lack of exercise?

- When I was three, I was told that PhD is the highest degree you can earn (I asked because my dad is a PhD and I wanted to know what that means) and you don’t have to attend any classes after that. Well, you know what, it’s a big fat LIE. PhD may be the highest degree you can earn but you never stop taking classes if you earn that degree. Trust me. I am already registered for 3 classes (a week long classes) in next two months!

- I finally finished the first series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Started the second series only to realize that only the first book of the second series has been written so far. And as luck have it: the second series is much better than the first series. The first series is all about Percy Jackson whining all the time, the second series has some better characters and has far more interesting plot line. So far. Again, I am not recommending it. Its no where near Harry Potter (that is, if you are a fan) but still is better than the Twilight series (again if you are a “fan”). I am, now, mildly anticipating the release of the second book next summer. Again you won’t find me standing in the queue at midnight (unlike Harry Potter), but I am kind of interested in knowing what happens next. So I will buy the book fairly early. (I am just a big sucker for magic world and mythologies. And it provides both.)

 

Am not complaining or anything, just talking aloud. Life is peachy. I am just trying to adjust to its peachiness.

P.S.: Read this on FB (via a friend): “One Day Santa was feeling Happy...After some time Happy got up and walked away.” 

Took me 5 minutes to understand it.

Just another useless piece of information that you don’t care about or need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment