October 12, 2010

Hectic Life aka the Real Life

Yeah, yeah, you heard me. I have finally descended in the real world ans started a real job. I now have regular work hours, regular lunch hour, and hopefully, from tomorrow, a regular exercise routine. I have been trying to adjust in this regularity which involves waking up 5 in the morning (I am in office by 6AM, though I must add that these odd working hours are by choice) and sleeping by 9ish. I haven't achieved the second part yet and so I am constantly sleep deprived, which explains my disappearance for past two weeks (before that I was too depressed as I was going to become a regular person).

Hopefully as this routine sets in and I start sleeping at expected hour, I will be able to become a regular at my blog again but its not my top priority at the moment (yes, I have already started prioritizing my tasks). I am still missing Stanford and bay area miserably. More importantly, I am missing my irregular student life. And please don't start with the normal pep talk about how I will be earning now and all that non-sense. My friends have already gone through those and they don't work. I know I can't be miserable forever and I have to eventually snap out of it but it's not a command that you give to me and I will be out of it. I am not a computer. It's a process and it will take some time. So bear with me.

Anyway, I am writing this quick post to let you guys know that I am here and I do have a lot things I want to write about (including last week's Glee episode of grilled chessus), but it might take me some time. So please be patient with me and I will be back soon.

P.S.: If you haven't been watching Glee, I highly recommend that show. And if you don't live in US, I hope you might be able to find them online. As I live here, I have no way of knowing whether the link I posted here works internationally or not. But believe me it's a show worth watching. I wish they could make a bollywood version of it though I will be very cautious if they do, unless its done by the team that produced "Dekh bhai dekh".

3 comments:

  1. Ah the working world...can be crazy eh? I like having a normal regular routine though. But that's me with the structure. I'm in bed by 9ish too...to wake by 6. You get to work in an hour after waking up? Wow! I wake up at 6 to get to work by 8...takes me 30-40 mins to get to work depending on traffic. Hope to see you back blogging away!

    And not a fan of Glee here....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through the same phase when i started working.. And even now, I feel grad life was the best!! I mean nothing beats the friday night parties, studying past midnight and going off to a nearby store just to get orange juice at midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ PB: Well I live 2 mins driving distance from my work (10 min work though as I start early, I don't walk. Its too dark and unsafe to do so). The reason I rented this apartment. At least I save on commute time and have more time for myself. I do have to commute a bit for major stores (though grocery is next to my place) but that's once in a week so I don't mind.

    @ Neha: I know. I miss that too. I just can't make myself sleep before 11. The good thing is that as I don't have "homeworks" or research to worry about, I can simply watch TV or read books when I am back. I kind of like that part! :)

    ReplyDelete