January 6, 2009

First Day...

...in office. This year, I mean. And I had two presents waiting for me with two cards. First one was an adorable gift from a friend for my B'day and second was a chocolate bar from our group for Christmas. A great way to start work in new year, don't you think? Yeah, yeah I won't get a gift a day for rest of the year but it did help getting over with the Monday Blues or rather First-Day-Of-Work Blues.

I became strangely nostalgic when I reached the campus today morning. The resolution of finishing up my research this year and graduate next year seemed so absurd at that time. Why exactly do I want to leave this sanctuary and go in the real world? Especially with all it's current crisis. Everything in this real world seems to be collapsing. It feels like an apocalypse there. And it feels so safe in here. And still, strangely enough, I do want to finish my Ph.D. and start working. I can't make sense out of this one. Does this happen to everyone towards the end? The fear of unknown weakens while the lure of unknown strengthens? Weird...especially considering the current crisis, it should be the other way round but it isn't. Completely weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment