July 31, 2007

Inventory - 1: Stairs

I finally decided upon the inventory I will submit as my second assignment. here is a discarded inventory. Its a bit abstract theme: stairs going up. I am not sure I can explain the reason for picking this topic entirely. These views/pictures gives me a feeling of awe, hope, progress, challenge, ambition. It gives the spectator a sense of being at a low ground. In a sense it creates a 3D view in a 2D image.

It also means that you are looking up..there is something up there in horizon thats unknown. at times you can see that horizon up those stairs, at times you can't. Some thing like life.

These reasons fascinated me and I took a lot of pictures (about 20) of stairs. The reason I finally discarded it is that its static. The topic I finally picked up to submit contains live subjects and hence are in constant motion, making it far more difficult to capture at the right moment. More on that later. I will post some more photos on the same topic (stairs) later on as I print them.


















Thats all for today. Will post the one I will finally submit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment