December 7, 2007

Respite

A brief 10 minutes break before I start working again. I have no ideas about what I can write in 10 minutes. So here are few things going on my desk right now:

- papers and papers and papers everywhere. It takes approximately 2 minutes to find the right document

- The applications running on my computer: 8 presentations, 6 word documents, Adobe Illustrator, Windows explorer, Mozilla Firefox (obviously) with 8 tabs and a calculator

- An open bottle of coke and an open bottle of water. Oh yes, papers and papers and papers everywhere. Dangerous combination, no?

- iPod attached to the speakers singing, "Humne Sanam Ko Khat Likha". Papers again..

- On the cover of shelf overhead, a small piece of paper attached by scotch tape telling me the colors I can use for my poster so that the poster is color-blind friendly. My advisor is color-blind. Well he don't ask us to us those colors but obviously you want your advisor to be able to read your poster at least. Though while trying to find those colors, I found out that color-blindness is far more common than we think. Out of 250 people, 10 are color-blind. I think its a good practice to make the presentations color-blind friendly.

And my 10 minutes are up. I am sorry for this disarranged, random post. But its better than nothing, no?

P.S.: I am going for movies tonight, so I have to finish up before that. The movie is: The Golden Compass. After all, a girl deserves some entertainment, I was in the office till 12 midnight last night and was back in the office at 10 in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. ha ha ha... and post was nt disarranged or watever... hey thats wat "venting" is all about [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine how many many more papers would be found (dis)arranging your desk if technology had not advanced to a desktop with applications running on it ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Anush/Crazybugga: Thats true. I was just sympathizing with the readers who had to go through the post. But if you don't mind, I don't care either :)

    @g3: Honestly, I had the printouts of all those documents on my desk (explains why I had papers). I can't read and decide on a computer screen (esp. technical documents). They were open for me to copy and paste from them to my main poster.

    ReplyDelete