December 24, 2007

Londoner

"Back in London, we have a Tube every two minutes. Me and my friends complain when we have to wait for 7 minutes for a train".
Millbrae station at 9 PM. The next train was at 10:24 PM.

"You can drive on the wrong side of the road?"
Its the RIGHT side of the road, in all the sense what-so-ever.

"I can't see any pedestrians on the road!"
Welcome to US!

"There are so many people in the camera section of this store. Back in London, no one knows about the electronic stuff."
Circuit city store. Weekend before Christmas. And yes, an average American is a "Gadget-freak". They want to have all the latest piece of equipment even if they don't know how to use it.

"She knows about Panaromic view in a camera?"
We were trying to capture Christmas Decoration at a mall when the attendant asked us whether we are going for the panaromic view. And almost all the cameras now-a-days (at least all the Canons) have panaromic option.

"People in Europe are extremely health conscious."
We have a bimodal distribution (consisting of two peaks or in lay man language, the people can be broadly divided in two categories) here: Extremely Health conscious and Extremely Taste Conscious.

"Come to London, I will show you better decorations."
I was pointing to the Christmas decoration in a local mall. My mistake, I agree.

"Wow, its beautiful out here. Just like Highlands in Scotland."
Finally, one compliment. I have given up. I know nothing here can be better than UK so I am satisfied to be at least as good as them in some respect. (BTW, the compliment was given when we were in the wine country).

"You have become an American."
And you, my friend, have become a Londoner.

P.S.: 1. No offense meant to the Londoners or the Americans here. Its just two friends catching up after 4 years. I apologize in advance if I hurt someone's feeling in the process.

2. A side effect of being with a Londoner: Politeness. It means I apologize quiet a lot these days. Forgive me, if that distresses you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment