December 22, 2009

Tuesday Tag: Mail to Santa

IMG_3216-1So today’s tag is borrowed from PB.  This meme is about what we want from Santa this year.

Before I get into the meme itself, I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and yada yada yada. This year I decided to get a Christmas tree of my own for the very first time! So I woke up this morning , went to Target and got the smallest Christmas tree I could find. The decorations you see on the tree (displayed on the right hand side.) are supplied by my room-mate and as I am inexperienced in tree decorating, the result is this ridiculously decorated tree. Please don’t over-analyze it, as I said it was my first time..

Anyway, I have two personal decorations on the tree (Click to enlarge). The first decoration is something I bought a while ago (in 2007 to be precise) and it’s a girl doing karate and on the jacket it says “Richa, 2007”. The second decoration is something I bought today, and as you have guessed, it’s a 2010 graduation decoration. Hopefully, I will be able to make it this year, at least that’s the plan so far. I might have to give up this decoration in case it doesn’t work out.
IMG_3227-1 IMG_3220-1

Anyway, here goes my Santa list:


1. Graduate in 2010: Well this one is obvious and the biggest one on the list. Having a job in hand now, I want to graduate by August 2010 at the latest. This item also includes a smooth sailing for all the other papers required for me to start working including my working visa.


2. Kenpo Karate: Okay as it is a wish list, I am allowed to make wishes, no matter how wild they are, so here it goes: I would like to rejoin Kenpo Karate next year. This would require an elimination or minimization of my back pain which for some reason has come back ever since I landed in San Francisco. But if I could have my wish, I would love to earn my green belt next year. Well at least I can wish!


3. Lenses: As I broke my dearest lens this year, I would like to replace that one (Canon Normal EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Autofocus lens). It was a pretty great lens. I also want to buy a fisheye lens though I haven’t zeroed on one yet.


4. Mom’s visit: I would love to have my Mom to visit me here in Stanford and I am planning to get her here by next summer so that’s not what I am wishing. I instead wish that while her stay here, she enjoys her stay and don’t bring up the whole marriage issue again and again. It will make her visit painful both for her and me. I really wish that she drops the subject and understand that I am old enough to be in control of my own life.


5. More Travel: Well this one will remain a wish for me this year, at least, for the travel outside US, given my visa status and pending thesis. But I will still put it in my wish list! Hopefully, I will manage some travel and some more photographic opportunity.


6. Mac Laptop: I really wish to own a Mac Laptop. For the past one year I have owned this laptop (it’s Vista) I have formatted it three times already. I am fed up with Windows and want to switch to Mac now.

That’s it from me! Once again: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all!

4 comments:

  1. I do hope all your wishes and plans come true! And if you do decide to travel to this end of the planet, do know that there's someone here in Sydney! :) And I hope your mum won't bring up the marriage topic either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and forgot to mention...that's a really pretty Christmas tree! Love the decorations as well. I've never had an Xmas tree...maybe next year all being well, I may be able to afford one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ PB: Thanks PB! Australia is on my travel list so hopefully I will see you in Sydney some day though i don't think it will be possible for 2-3 years.. I wouldn't invite you to Houston though..its safer that you stay away :D but if you do decide to come over there for some incomprehensible reason..give me a nudge.

    Surprisingly, the Christmas tree wasn't too expensive ($20 for the smallest one) so I bought one (remember I am a student too and hence can't afford to spend much!) and obviously borrowed most of the decorations and lights from my room-mate. I will buy the decorations and lights next year though. Hopefully I, too,will be earning by then...

    Here is to a better and prosperous 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ PB: Thanks PB! Australia is on my travel list so hopefully I will see you in Sydney some day though i don't think it will be possible for 2-3 years.. I wouldn't invite you to Houston though..its safer that you stay away :D but if you do decide to come over there for some incomprehensible reason..give me a nudge.

    Surprisingly, the Christmas tree wasn't too expensive ($20 for the smallest one) so I bought one (remember I am a student too and hence can't afford to spend much!) and obviously borrowed most of the decorations and lights from my room-mate. I will buy the decorations and lights next year though. Hopefully I, too,will be earning by then...

    Here is to a better and prosperous 2010!!

    ReplyDelete