February 4, 2009

Nightmare

So today morning I woke up, a bit stressed out about my presentation in the afternoon (12:15 actually). I have been working on this problem for past 6 months but didn't have had much done on it. It's sort of a new area for me and I keep getting stuck on the simplest of things. It takes time to work around most of the problems. End Result: I didn't have much to present today. I have been stressing out on it for a week but still didn't have much to present today.

Anyways, that's how my day began: stressed out on my presentation. But I had one more thing to do in the morning. Call up my doctor and make an appointment for second visit about my distorted jaw. So I woke up, switched on my machine and started going through few more things that I might add in my presentation. Meanwhile, I called my doctor's office for the appointment. They said they will call me back immediately. I waited for them to call back for an hour (I was working on my ppt simultaneously) and finally called back. This time they simply gave me the appointment. I am not sure why couldn't have they done that first time I called them?

Anyway, so I finally got out of my house by 11 AM. It takes me approximately 40 min to reach my office, depending on traffic: 20 min to reach my parking spot and 20 min walk from there. So I was on time. And then I did something very very stupid. I put my car keys inside my laptop bag and thought will take out the bag from the other side (passenger side) and got out. I reached the passenger side and tried opening the door. It didn't budge. That's when I realized that I have locked my self out with my laptop inside the car. I called AAA (road side assistance I use). They came in 15 min andopened the door. By the time they finished it was already 11: 57. I started walking towards my office (I called one of the office mate to inform the group that I might be late). I reached 12: 17PM. Plugged in the laptop and started giving my presentation. But unluckily my advisor was in one of those moods. He trashed my presentation from slide one. every slide took 5-6 min to go through. Then he said that he doesn't think my approach (which, BTW, he suggeseted in the first place) is a good one and I should instead try another approach (that he suggested). I am not very sure it's a good approach (the one he suggested) as it doesn't quantify the results which has been my objective. It simply provides a visualization way for the results I already have. I was so FRUSTRATED. It was like I was living a nightmare. Honestly. Being late for an exam is one my recurring nightmare. Today I lived it. And it was worse than those nightmare.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch :(

    Here are a few warm wishes for a better day ahead. And if you've toiled for 6 months -- give yourself a little break and find something to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sudipta! I am going crazy with the amount of work that I need to do to keep my new year resolution...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sudipta! I am going crazy with the amount of work that I need to do to keep my new year resolution...

    ReplyDelete