December 7, 2009

New York

 Photo   
(img from: http://drx.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/26/lewis_hine_phot_nyc_empire_state__2.jpg)

Rockfeller Center Construction: New York, 1932. Image by: Charles C. Ebbets

I bought a small copy of this image from New York. I loved this image, the first time I saw it. I think that was NY Times archive section. Anyway, this is the first time I ever bought a photograph or even a wall poster. So I am excited. At some point I will like to have few of Ansel Adams as well as HCB’s photographs too. Some day. 

As for my NY trip. It was slightly marred by the snow fall on Saturday. Apparently, the winter front that snowed in Houston reached to NY on Saturday. So I literally took the snow with me from Houston to NY. However we were able to make it to the Times Square on Sunday. But I guess none of that matters, as this was a trip to meet friends and not go around the city. So fun was had during the short period. And hence the purpose of trip was fulfilled.

The trip wasn't uneventful, however. I lost a friend during the trip and it was all my fault. I dropped my camera twice on the floor and lost my dearest 50mm lens. It was my favorite lens and had costed me around 200 bucks. I am really sad about it. The silver lining: My camera still works. The lens took all the heat and hence saved my camera. I will always remember him as a martyr and from now on will be extremely careful while handling my camera. I will not loose my self in the passion of photography, the heat of the moment so much ever again that I forget about minor details as safety of equipment. Never again..

4 comments:

  1. So you're back?? Sounds like a decent trip...hope you managed some great shots!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and sorry to hear about the lens...that's a real shame

    ReplyDelete
  3. @PB: Yep I am back! It was a nice trip. I enjoyed being with friends and I did take few pictures however they were mostly of friends so I am not posting them here.

    I have been mourning the lens ever since. :( But thankfully I have a job offer in hand so I will be able to buy it again..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PB: Yep I am back! It was a nice trip. I enjoyed being with friends and I did take few pictures however they were mostly of friends so I am not posting them here.

    I have been mourning the lens ever since. :( But thankfully I have a job offer in hand so I will be able to buy it again..

    ReplyDelete