December 15, 2009

55 Fiction: Bitter Success

cooltext428803164_thumb[1][3]

A literary work will be considered 55 Fiction if it has:

  1. Fifty-five words or less (A non-negotiable rule)
  2. A setting,
  3. One or more characters,
  4. Some conflict, and
  5. A resolution. (Not limited to moral of the story)
  6. The title of the story is not part of the overall word count, but it still can’t exceed seven words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bitter Success

All the students were with their parents, after all it was graduation ceremony, except her. She wished her parents to be proud of her, she was a straight-A student, instead of badgering her constantly with marriage proposals. And then her name was called. She walked with a smile, and tears in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.: This is my first attempt on (or of, my English sucks) 55 fiction. I am no writer so I will appreciate an honest opinion, otherwise you will have to endure more of these and you will have no one but yourself to blame! Honestly, if you don’t like it, say so before things get ugly.

5 comments:

  1. I have no clue how i landed here. And having landed here, i dont know why i spent quite sometime here...maybe its designed quite well. maybe coz it looks interesting.....No no...what i liked most is that it is downright honest....
    Your story is kinda ok....but the P.S under it is outstanding.....please write more such 55 fictions. its an interesting thing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure, but every piece of 55 fiction I've read has always ended with a twist. I think that's a requirement..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good but I expected more of a conflict such that the resolution would come as a twist. I could be wrong though as that could just be my interpretation of 55 fiction! Good first attempt though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honest Opinion - Damn good start...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Donraja: Thanks for commenting and welcome to the blog. I am glad you liked it and thanks for the honest opinion. I guess I should stick to writing PS's then..hehehehe. I will try and do better next time.

    @ Arslan: Hmm twist. The rule didn't say anything about it so I didn't think about it. I will keep in mind for next time.

    @ PB: Thanks! I will keep the twist factor in mind for next time.

    @ Hatikvah: Thanks for the honest opinion! I really appreciate it..

    ReplyDelete