August 14, 2008

I am still here..

..despite all the rumors you might have heard on the contrary. But I won't say I am back as yet. I am again traveling over the weekend and the weekend after this and weekend after that and next and next. So you get the picture how busy my already hectic life is at the moment.

And inspite of all this traveling and never ending schedules and desperate attempts to catch some sleep in between them, I have been missing blogging. I have so much to write. And I will, whenever I could catch a moment in between.

Let me start by whining about the latest trip. Do you know U.S. airways now charge you $15 for first check-in baggage, $25 for second bag and $100 for the third? They make you check-in your baggage if your hand bag is oversize and charge you for that. And as always, the airport security doesn't allow you to carry any shampoo bottles or such things so if you are planning to carry that stuff, you need to check in your baggage and hence pay them. Its such a ingeniious scheme to rip you off. Wanna hear another one of that? As you probably know, you are not allowed to carry water and in case you thought you will drink water in the plane instead of buying it at the waiting area, guess what? You would have to pay $2 for a bottle of water which is expensive than buying the water at the terminal ($1.45).

To top all this, as I was coming out of the terminal at Phoenix airport (I changed planes there for Houston), a salesman stopped me and tried to sell me a US airways master card! You know, the ones that earn you mileage when you use them. Who wants to earn US airways mileage? Honestly, it was an official trip so all my expenses were paid otherwise I would have been far more furious right about now. If you are planning a trip, please avoid US airways at all cost especially for long flights. They stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment