August 16, 2008

Honesty

Two months back I lost my wallet while visiting Stanford. I have been in Bakersfield since. I am in Stanford for the weekend and was going through my mails and guess what? Someone posted my wallet back! It doesn't have any cash in it, obviously. I think they used it to courier the wallet back to me (I think I had $20-$30 cash in the wallet). It has all my membership and gift cards (I blocked the credit cards and have received new ones already).

The return address on the label says Postmaster, Main Post Office so I don't know who to thank to. Keeping an id card with your mailing address in the wallet helps.

I am so glad that there are still people who are honest and go into all the trouble of sending things back to the rightful owner. They could have easily tossed it in the garbage bin but they took pains to send it back to me. I am touched. My sincerest thanks to stranger who went through the trouble of sending my wallet back.

P.S.: Its my favorite wallet too. I have been trying to buy a new one for two months but none of the wallet I saw were as good as this one. I am glad to have it back.

2 comments: