July 25, 2007

Emptiness

Today something weird happened. I got my camera on 30th June, 2007 and since then I have always carried it everywhere I go. Today my film roll stack depleted and so I left my camera at the office while I went to the Photography lab (which is in another building) to splice some new rolls for the camera. First time in last 7 weeks, I walked through the corridors without the camera and it was so weird. I have always prided myself of being not so dependent on the modern technologies. I have lived without internet access, without TV or radio, without my cell-phone, without credit-cards, without computer/laptop and that too for days in a stretch. I never realized that I have become so dependent on this tiny little equipment (okay not so tiny). I felt so vulnerable, so empty. I looked around and saw kids playing in the quad..what a perfect picture moment! But I can't click, I can't take that picture. I knew I was becoming insane because of this class but didn't know the extent. My normal commute time from the parking lot to office has increased from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. I have become immune to the stares of the strangers in middle of street where I might have been taking pictures. But this was the last straw, I guess. I think things can't get any weirder than this..but then who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment