July 11, 2007

My First Ever Prints

After 5 hours of strip testing (thats what its called!) in that dark and cold dark room (which actually reminds me of Snape's dungeon), I finally got my first set of prints. I still have to work on them as the contrast isn't right so I have to take these prints again (well you learn from your mistakes). But still first prints are first prints so here they are on my blog.

Okay, starting with my first ever roll for which battery of my camera wasn't working, which meant I wasn't sure about the amount of exposure (..technicality, technicality). Nevertheless here is the contact sheet for that roll. I didn't take any prints for this roll yet, I am not sure I will. This was my experimentation with SLR for the first time. As you can notice the exposures changes drastically over the roll, all due to those batteries. I wasn't sure about the exposure in any of them. Oh well, what do you expect for your first roll..

Here comes the second roll. I figured out the batteries and hence the light-meter (which gives the reading for the amount of exposure for your main subject) by now. I was still experimenting with the depth of field in initial few shots (I understand its hard to make out, but thats how you have to do it in an analog camera). the fourth row of this contact sheet has the snaps of that little girl who was playing on the statue. I enlarged few of these. The last two row are snaps from farmer's market which basically was concentrated on this clown who was giving different animal shaped balloons that he was making right there...
Okay, no more technical gibberish, I promise. Here are the snaps from the second contact sheet that I actually enlarged. First one is from Milk Pail market which is actually a very cool place for vegetable/fruit shopping. they are supposedly European style market. Whatever that means...
Now comes the main attraction. The little kid playing on the statue. This statue is a kid magnet. Honestly. No kid under the age of 6 and above the age of 1 can pass this statue without climbing it. I was there for approximately 30 minutes and approximately 5-6 different kids went up and down the statue in that time (You are right, this is snap of one little girl only..she was actually wearing a red dress which looked amazing in color..but nevertheless). This is not the best print for this shot though. I will come back with better prints...

And finally the clown, giving the balloon animal to a kid who waited (and consequently I waited) for it for 15 minutes...
Okay, better prints are coming soon...till then work with these.

Update: I just noticed something on the last photo. Can you see the face of the little boy behind the little girls hand. Can you see his expression. No? Let me help you (well I am breaking my vow of not processing these photos digitally)..
Okay, now? What do you think? Isn't it priceless?

No comments:

Post a Comment