November 9, 2008

Spam

I don't get the logic behind spams. Why would anyone waste time sending the most absurd messages and trying to find ingenious ways to avoid spam filters?

I don't get the logic behind the viruses either. You know to spend hours to create a program that will destroy the machine it will end up in.

I get the system hackers though. They are simply trying to earn few quick bucks. I know that quiet often these three are related but not always.

Anyway, today morning I got a spam on my Yahoo account. The sender was: Breaking News. The subject: Barack Obama dies due to heart attack. Though, I am not sure whether it is a hate mail or a spam or both? Either way, I don't get the point of the mail. There was nothing in the body of the message. Or may be it's a psychic vision mail. Oh well, I will never know. Somehow my mind keep reverting to that mail. Like a song stuck in the mind.

Anyway, I am off to Vegas tomorrow for a conference. Will be back Friday. Don't know whether I will get a chance to blog or not during this time though I am certain there will be a lot to blog about. Like, how making us sit through presentations all day long in Vegas should constitute to human rights violation. But then, at least I get to go to Vegas that way...

3 comments:

  1. I think that the kind of SPAM you got is a technique used by spammers to find valid email addresses..? Not sure though..

    talking of spam... check this out

    http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=965

    Very relevant .. hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you aren't alone.. or so it seems :)

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7715264.stm

    and while at it some more news you could use -

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7719281.stm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Vegas!
    Do get away from the conference and ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete