November 22, 2007

Morning Troubles

Today morning was the worst possible morning one can imagine. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. What happened?, you ask. Today morning our toilet decided to get clogged up. It means, if you flush the water tends to rise instead of going down. In the morning and that too no ordinary morning, a Thanks giving morning. Did I tell you yet that I hate national holidays? Well I do now. And as luck would have it, my room-mate happened to discover it which means I couldn't use it any longer. But its the morning and I gotta go. So I jumped into my car and started trying to locate a restroom in vicinity.

I thought that most of big stores would have a restroom. The first stop was Safeway (the big grocery store). But somehow they didn't have one. I figured the food and toilets together should be some health violation, may be thats why. Ok next stop, Walmart (the big convenience store). Did I already tell you I hate national holidays? The store was closed. That also meant that most of the shopping center was closed. What about Pharmacy stores? Usually, pharmacy and grocery stores doesn't close on holidays. And they shouldn't have trouble with any health violation. So I walked into Rite-aid. I went around the store twice. As I was walking out the store, I saw one of the employees eyeing me suspiciously. I was on the verge of walking upto him and tell him that they don't have what I am looking for. A restroom.

My last resort was our office. Seven miles from our home but it has restrooms. So I started driving towards the office a little bit faster now than usual. Ok I will admit it. I was speeding. I didn't even slow down when I saw a police car standing on the side of road. This was an emergency. And if the officer would have stopped me, I would have told him/her to mail the ticket to my address. I gotta go. But thankfully they had other things on their mind to go after a speeding car.

Finally, I reached my destination. No further troubles...Thankfully.

P.S.: 1. Our toilet is still clogged. I think I already told you, I HATE NATIONAL HOLIDAYS. Nothing can be done till tomorrow, the plumber says. So tomorrow morning, I have to follow the routine again.

2. I think its toilet's way of telling us that we should be thankful for having a working toilet in our home. Its Thanksgiving, after all.

3. Oh yeah, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Remember to thank your toilets!

No comments:

Post a Comment