November 23, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I spent the entire day watching the Forensic Files marathon (its a serial about the case studies in forensic science) on Court TV. They called the marathon 'Guilty Pleasure Marathon' for some reason. Anyways, the primary focus of the episodes, that I watched, was murder by poison. In most of these cases, the murder was initially passed off as death by natural causes till some one insisted otherwise due to various reasons. This was the first time ever since I am watching forensic files (since my school days), they didn't divulge the murder weapons (namely poisons) for the fear of copy cats.

Well the worst realization was the profiles of these murderers established by these cases: Straight A students, avoid confrontations and like to read about the murder cases. I personally know so many of people matching this profile (including me) that it scares me. And all these geniuses always come up with the poisons with no known antidote (another reason why they didn't want to divulge the poison's name). Guess its high time to start believing in God and start praying that I don't piss off any of these dormant killers.

P.S.: 1. BTW, my BFF (BEST friend and not Boy Friend) is a PhD in chemistry. So don't piss me off either. Consider yourself warned. :)

2. On the second thought, I will use my Karate skills instead of poisoning. Poison always leaves a paper trail behind (the reason all of them were caught in the end). Still consider yourself warned.

2 comments:

  1. Richa...seems like you have completely into the series..take it easy. I also watch SVU ( Special Victims Unit ) in HBO. Its very interesting, but I dont assume anything on that, but will do some time pass. Hope you also follow me in that and relax your mind...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I follow those too as well as the CSI, CSI-NY, Cold case files and Forensic Files. The trouble with that last two shows is that they are about actual cases involving actual people and its a bit hard to shake them off. Trust me, reality is far weirder than the fiction in most of those cases.

    ReplyDelete