November 21, 2007

Going to Movie by Myself.. ALONE

Ok from today on its a 'Been there, done that'. I can see horror struck face of my BFF (Best Friend Forever) and asking in a faint voice, 'How could you? Why did you?'. May be one or two other friends are joining the gang. To answer the question, 'How could I?', here are steps involved.

Step 1: Started driving on the road leading to the movie theatre, wondering am I really going to pull this off.

Step 2: Turned into the movie theatre driveway. 'Oh God, there are so many people around.' Thought of turning around and leaving.

Step 3: Parked my car in the parking lot. A couple comes out of car parked next to mine. 'Do I really want to do this?'

Step 4: Started walking towards the theatre. Extremely conscious about walking alone.

Step 5: Reached the ticket counter and bought a single ticket for movie, 'Enchanted'. 'I am doing it.'

Step 6: Went Inside the theatre and walked straight inside the complex. Tried to merge with the crowd of giggling girls in front of me. 'Hope no one who can recognize me, is in the theatre today.'

Step 7: Sat in last middle last row. 'Its the darkest row, so no one can see me.'

Step 8: Trailer starts. A lady comes up to my seat and ask whether the two seats next to me is taken. 'No'. She and her daughter sits down.

Step 9: Movie Starts. 'Stop the urge to comment.'

Step 10: Movie ends and I was the first one to be out. Actually I don't get why people keep sitting after the movie ends and the titles start. Do they actually want to read the credits? Or is it there something that I am missing?

BTW, the movie is pretty good. I laughed the entire time. As for the question 'Why I did it?'. I really wanted to watch the movie (it opened today) and trust me it was worth all the trouble. The most difficult task was Step 9 actually. Keeping my creative comments to myself.

For all the people concerned: its not a big deal. It actually was a good adventure. Try it out some time. What a thrill!

For all the people who are thinking what the big deal is: its not. It was just my first time.

4 comments:

  1. Ah.. have always thought should do it someday, but never got around to actually implementing it ! It's that 'am I going to pull this off..??' factor maybe !

    Loved all the three - Think it Over, I wonder, Musing Amusing ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand that feeling. All I can advise, is be bold and do it.

    Glad you liked them. I am not sure if anyone ever bother to read them..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually- its not. I've done it in India, gone and saw a movie alone.
    So In the US is quite okay, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually- its not. I've done it in India, gone and saw a movie alone.
    So In the US is quite okay, I think.

    ReplyDelete