January 23, 2010

A belated Friday Favorite

I know I am late in posting this but trust me I have valid reasons for doing so. See yesterday was sorting-out day, which means I spent the entire day doing everything that needs to be done: Submit checks, clean the room, post the mails, buy a new mobile as my old one’s screen stopped working, and install Windows 7 on my laptop. The last job on the list is the reason I couldn’t post this on time. As I have complained earlier, I hate Windows Vista. So I decided to take the leap and buy Windows 7 Professional using student discount. I have already gotten a blue screen but it might be due to number of softwares I have been trying to upload on my machine at that time. So I haven’t given up all hope yet! Anyway, coming to today’s song:



Most probably you must have already heard this song. If not, then you must have heard other songs from this movie, the most famous being "Ab tumhare hawale watan sathiyon" and "Hoke majboor usne mujhe". Almost all the songs of this movie are beautiful but this song influenced me the most. To start with, I heard this song first time in my teen years. You know the age when you romanticize the love the most. And then this song, unlike most of the sad songs, doesn't blame anyone or try to gain sympathy from the audience. It simply tells a tale of a relationship, a real relationship and the regrets for breaking that relationship. The pain, the regret is beautifully rendered by Rafi. The words were given by Kaifi Azmi and the music by Madan Mohan. The movie was Haqeeqat (1964). Hope you like it.

4 comments:

  1. This song used to play very regularly on I think, Vividh Bharti ... I loved it too. The lyrics are amazing and the way it is sung - like he's just telling you what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disqus delays the process of commenting... takes a long time to sign in and if I don't want to do that, it still asks if I want to comment as a 'guest' and then the comment disappeared! I hope you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! I was a Vividh Bharti addict in my teenage years. That's where I heard the song first and loved it! Glad you like the song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did get the comment. I am sorry for the problem. I will try and change to something more user friendly.

    ReplyDelete