April 3, 2011

Weekend Fun: Brazos Bend State Park

Remember last weekend when I went to Brazos Bend Park and it turned out to be a disaster. Well, I tried it out again this weekend and it turns out to be tiring and scary but a great weekend. Why tiring and scary you ask? Well it’s a huge park (remember everything is big in Texas) which explains the tiring part and the park is home to alligators as well as poisonous snakes which explains to the scary part. Thankfully I didn’t see many poisonous snakes but did see few alligators. Here are few pics:

BB_0120

Did you notice how the reflection of trees are unbroken by the movement of alligator? Perfect predators.

BB_0516

Can you imagine how hard it would be to distinguish between the log and the alligator? Every log of wood I saw in water, I thought it was an alligator. Jumpy? Yes. But better safe than sorry.

Let’s move on to the “wonderful” part of the weekend, shall we?

BB_0041

I loved the crown of these flowers. They are small wildflowers growing in and around the park. They were pretty difficult to capture with the lenses I have but I didn’t give up.

 

BB_0143

I think this one is my favorite from all the photos I shot this weekend. It almost looks like a magical land, doesn’t it? The white bird is the Great Egret. She is extremely camera shy. Its peeping from behind its sanctuary here.

BB_0305

This is White Ibis. I think it his face resembles a red face monkey. What do you think?

BB_0527

And lastly, the lazy turtle snoozing on the rock on a lazy spring afternoon. He made me feel extra tired.

That’s all for today, folks.

P.S.: BTW, Congratulations on India’s victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment