April 1, 2011

Gmail Motion

I forgot today is April Fool's day. I think you know where I am going with this. I got pranked. By Google. My mistake: I didn't read the description of this supposedly new "beta" version. If I had, I wouldn't have fallen for it. It says:

The mouse and keyboard were invented before the Internet even existed. Since then, countless technological advancements have allowed for much more efficient human computer interaction. Why then do we continue to use outdated technology? Introducing Gmail Motion -- now you can control Gmail with your body.
Really? I mean its far-fetched even for Google. And me being the busy body I have been lately, instead of reading through the description clicked this button: 

(Click to Enlarge)

And no, I didn't even read the pointers below the button. I think I deserve to be pranked. And I did:


(Click to enlarge)

How did your April Fools day go? Anyone else got pranked? Or is it just me?

1 comment:

  1. Didn't get pranked...too stressful at work for anyone to try anything. Although when I first got in and was told by my manager that a client of mine had gone missing, I did question whether it was an April Fool's joke...unfortunately it wasn't... :/

    ReplyDelete