January 11, 2011

Test Driving

..that’s what I have been doing for past few days. Yes, I am finally replacing my first ever car, my dearest friend a 1993 Toyota Corolla. So I have been shopping around.

I guess I should put the disclaimer right here that I am not a very car loving person. I actually hate driving and do it more due to necessity than anything else. Oh ok, I also like the freedom and independence it gives me but still not loving the driving or the car. So this is a chore I have been postponing for a long time.

I was also scared of those hagglers called car salesman. But I finally plunged in. I have been around quite a few dealerships and read a lot about different cars before entering the dealerships. I can actually quote the generation and features introduced with each generation for all the cars I test drove which includes Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota Corolla and Toyota Rav4.

I test drove, I discussed deals, I got the information and then gave them the dose of  “I have to talk to my fiancé” and walked out. In a manner, I used to my advantage the belief of the other sex in my sex’s lack of car knowledge and inability to take decision in these matters. I am not sure what I did was right or wrong but it certainly was haggle free. I know I had to act like all those women whom I despise but somehow I don’t feel guilty. I am simply relieved.

Am I doing something despicable? Should I feel guilty?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think any guilt is warranted... its the simplest quickest route without the 1001 questions and suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aathira: Yep, that's what I have been thinking too. Just I don't usually lie and when I do I feel very guilty about it. This is my first time with guilt-free lying :)

    ReplyDelete