February 4, 2009

Federal Government

A friend of mine has applied for some project in DOD (department of defense). She gave me as a reference so today I had an interview with a federal government investigator for her background check. One of the question he asked made my nightmarish day a bit better. He asked (from a questionnaire he brought with him):
Do you have any information about her that you can use to blackmail her?

Honestly, I haven't heard a dumber question. Federal Government takes the prize yet again!

4 comments:

  1. BTW, you are a DoD project reference? Heheh.. must meet you and make friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!
    atleast they were transparent :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sudipta: Apparently, being from ivy league makes you a good reference. doesn't have anything to do with me...

    @ Anoop: Yep. Just like those stupid Visa questions asking if you support terrorism. I am not sure why they ask it. Are they going to sue you if they find it otherwise?

    ReplyDelete