January 12, 2009

Rich = Spoiled?

Does being rich necessarily means being spoiled prince/princess? I understand if you say that about Paris Hilton and likes but making it a general conclusion, don't you think? I was reading a CNN about Alexandra Penny (a New York based writer) who lost her life saving in Madoff scam. She wrote her experience in a blog called "The Bag Lady Papers" on TheDailyBeast.com.

She lost her life saving in the scam. I agree that she isn't penniless and not in as bad situation as many others but telling her that she has no right to feel angry about the scandal is not fair. It was her hard-earned money. As she puts it:

"I've never been given a dollar. I never took alimony. I never inherited any money. So, sure, well, who else earned it? Me."

So if you earned a lot of money, does that mean you become spoiled princess? She worked hard all of her life and lost it in her old age due to some scamming idiot. I think she has every right to feel angry and express it. No matter what those stupid commentators on her blog might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment