January 14, 2009

Distorted

My facial bones has been distorted, or so says my doctor. I went to see her for pain in left ear. It turns out that in my sleep I grind my teeth (supposedly due to stress or disturbed sleep) hence causing the inflammation of the joint connecting the temporal bones to the mandible. Sounds cool? Okay, okay, in simpler terms, the joint of ear and jaw is distorted (towards left). It has a cool name too: temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction. Though I don't know how to pronounce it yet. I need to learn that.

Poor my mom will be devastated. Her only daughter. Her only single daughter. With facial distortion. Who will marry her now? May be it's better to spare my mom with this detail. Hopefully she won't notice anything. At least I couldn't notice anything. I stood in front of mirror for 1/2 hour trying to see the distortion. May be I should measure it using scale on some of my recent photos versus the old photos. I should be able to quantify the distortion that way...oops, sorry..geek in me got carried away.

Anyway, I am supposed to put a heat pack on my face (I am not joking) for relaxing the muscles. A rare experience, that will be. I am off to do so in any case. Anything to stop the distortion further.

I always thought it would be fun to have a brand new face every decade or so (honestly don't you get bored of looking at the same face in the mirror every day. Day after day. For years together.) but I don't want to lose my current face either (pun intended). It's good enough as it is. It's part of my identity. Mission 'Save Face' commences today.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha... so maybe you should stop scowling so much :) Poor unmarried single daughter... maybe your hubby will find out only when that jaw muscle becomes terribly useful :P

    Anyway, jokes apart -- that stuff sounds painful. Do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and not scowl! What else is there in life then? I live to complain and scowl. And forget me. What will happen to my blog if I don't do that!

    Don't worry. I am doing okay. Just need to remember to keep my molars apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and not scowl! What else is there in life then? I live to complain and scowl. And forget me. What will happen to my blog if I don't do that!

    Don't worry. I am doing okay. Just need to remember to keep my molars apart.

    ReplyDelete