December 19, 2008

Pain

At times I wonder if anyone really understands the pain someone else is going through. If you express any concern ever, all you get in return is a lot of pep talks. You know talks about how everything will be alright and how we shouldn't loose hope. But really, all those people giving all these optimistic speech, how the hell do they know that things won't get worse? How they know that something good will come out of it? What if it doesn't improve?

And at times, all these pep talks make things worse. At times you are so consumed by the pain that you are not even thinking about what is going to happen next. All you need in those time is someone who can empathize. Someone who understands. No speeches. No false hopes. No optimism. Just someone who understands the pain that's consuming you.

Yeah, yeah I know. All those pep talkers are just being a good friend. It's the way friends are programmed. It's their job and blah blah blah. But at times pain needs understanding and not speeches.

P.S.: Guess credit crunch is getting to me yet again. Nothing to worry, I should be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes think the mere physical presence of being near someone can be a great healer. I've been there, and I realize that all someone needs at that time is to be told that it is okay to feel the pain, and yes, that is how the world works. Time will heal things.

    You doing okay, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sudipta: I am ok now. Guess life's tidings at times affects me more than I want it to ..

    ReplyDelete