May 11, 2008

Project Snapshot #10


Date: May 11th, 2008
Location: Stanford, CA
Titled: Rows

Guess where I was at 5:02? You got it, Library. Yes, on a Sunday. Hey, I work six days a week and since I didn't yesterday, I had to today. So I was reading this paper in the latest 'Geophysics' Journal when all of sudden my cell phone started vibrating (yes, I do have decency to turn the mobile in silent mood when I am in library). I picked it up and said hello but it turned out to be my alarm. Chop.

And that wasn't the only embarrassing moment of today. I came back to my office and started searching for my keys to go outside (the office doors are locked on weekends). Oh yeah, I know you are smart enough to guess that I lost my keys. I searched my laptop bag, my camera bag, my normal bag, my lunch bag (don't ask how many bags I had with me..numerous), I searched my drawers, my table-up and down, my shelves but no luck. I went to all the places I have been to today, which weren't many.

The only thing remained was the recycling bin (thankfully PAPER recycling bin). I have had a lot of print-out of the drafts of papers I had to submit last week. So my desk was cluttered with paper. That was the first thing I did today when I reached office. Cleaned up my desk and dump the papers in the recycle bin. Now since I had looked everywhere twice, it was the only possibility. So I went to the recycling bin and opened and viola, the bin, which was completely empty in the morning, was completely full with cardboard boxes (you are not supposed to dump cardboard boxes in paper recycling bin!). Anyway, I started emptying the bin, one box at the time which, I should add were, very heavy for some reason. And by the end of it I had to topple the bin to reach the bottom. And there it was lying at the bottom, MY KEYS!

I started putting everything back in the bin, thanking my stars for today being Sunday and I don't have to explain anyone about my absent mindedness. But I thought too soon. Just as I was putting the last of the boxes, a prof happened to leave for the day. He stopped obviously asking me, what am I doing. I had to tell him about it adding that when I took out my papers, it was empty and now someone has put these cardboard boxes (I was still upset about someone putting cardboard boxes in paper recycle). And he smiled and said, "Not anyone, but me." "Ohh." (Thankfully I didn't went on about cardboard boxes in paper recycle). But still it was a very awkward moment. I didn't know what to say!

Well that was my day. I am off to home...enough for a day, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment