May 26, 2008

The Drive..

So the drive can be very calming. The road I took is described here (in Stanford) by few as 'God's own road'. I know there are many, much more scenic routes in the world but I love Interstate 280. Its a highway that connect San Jose to San Francisco.

The mountains, the clouds and sunset can be very interesting combination while driving through this route. I took quiet a few detours before turning back. One of those detours took me to a Chinese graveyard spread over a small hill. The sunset colors made it look almost like a postcard. I did have my D-SLR in the car (fortunately!) but I didn't stop to take picture. Few things are better as a memory than a picture. May be some day I will go back there and shoot some pictures, but not today.

The second detour took me to Crystal Spring reservoir trail. You can see this trail while driving on Interstate 280 and it look as beautiful from there too (you have obviously seen the picture below by now). Anyway, this time I took out the camera and took some pictures. Simply couldn't resist. What I couldn't capture here were the silent, chilly yet calm wind, the chirping of cricket, the sound of creek running somewhere near by in the woods which couldn't be seen, the soft slashing of waves, the noise among the woods and then a quick glimpse of a deer. In simplest term, the sound of nature and silence. But here are few shots that I could capture...

The first look...


The Sunset..


Some time later..


The deer


The trail


The second look


Approaching Night


That ends my day and this mini-trilogy. Tomorrow I start work again. With $700 less in my account, it sounds far more depressing. But nevertheless, life goes on. Something lost means something gained. I lost $700 and gained a closet full of clothes which I will use in next few years. After all, formals and classics never go out of style...

4 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely pics! Now on my list of must-visit places in CA. Liked your blog -- will keep visiting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its not one of the big tourist spot in CA but thats what make it even more attractive, at least for me. I can spend hours there.

    Thanks for visiting and you are welcome. Visited your blog and liked it. Sudipta does sound like a female name :)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The second look" - way too good !

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The second look" - way too good !

    ReplyDelete