May 11, 2008

Someday....(reloaded)..

If I ever took up professional photography and start earning well with a studio of my own, I would love to own this baby..



Yes, its a Still-photography camera and it costs $33,995.00. The name is Hasselblad H3DII-39. Its a medium format Digital-SLR with effective resolution of 39 MP. Its supposed to be the world's best DSLR.

I know most of you have no idea about medium-format photography. Its just a difference between the size of film used in the camera (usually known as film format). And the way it affect us is the size of print you can get from that film. Well, honestly, it depends other factors as film speed, type of film, zoom level of shot, lighting, subject still or moving and how much in focus is shot. As far as I know, 11X14" or 11X17" (A3) is the largest print with 35 mm camera. But if you want to print a poster of the pictures you have taken, you need more resolution and hence a bigger film size. And medium-format cameras provide that.

Well, in essence, the details and resolution captured by a medium-format camera are just amazing. Even the normal medium-format camera (the film one) is so much better than any D-SLR and this baby is a MEDIUM FORMAT D-SLR. I will be happy to just hold it once...

And if none of this happens, then at least I will buy a film medium format camera, someday....

P.S.: 1. For Part I of Someday... click here.

2. My "Wish-list" makes me wonder if I need to leave Grad school and start working...but may be I will need to own an oil company to be able to own everything in that. I have a very expensive taste, I guess ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment