May 19, 2008

Project Snapshot # 16


Date: May 18th, 2008
Location: Mountain View, CA
Titled: Absolute Darkness

Guess what was I doing last evening. Yep watching a movie: Chronicles of Narnia- Prince Caspian. I went in the alley to take the picture. I was so embarrassed when my mobile's alarm went off in middle of the movie. But since I promised to take the picture so here it is.

BTW, the movie is worth watching, i.e., if you like the Chronicles. You now know next set of books on my reading list. Yep, the Chronicles.

I have heard a lot of criticism about the books: about it being sexist, racist and too close to theological concepts. But it was true for His Dark Materials trilogy written by Philip Pullman (one of the critics) to some extent. And then the series was written in 1950s when it was natural for author to have such a mind set. If we start criticizing authors that way, then I guess Shakespeare, Jane Austen and the rest will be next to criticized. And then lets not forget about Oscar Wilde, my favorite writer, who was a known misogynist and he is still one of the most revered author. So I am taking the risk and starting the series soon enough. After all, this summer I will be in middle of no where with nothing to do. At least I can catch up with my reading which I have been ignoring, just like my blogging, for past month or so. Anyway, I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment