November 29, 2007

Google Sky

Yeah, yeah, you don't need to smirk. I can't stay away. This blog has become a compulsion for me. But I had to show you this. I was actually making the presentation for tomorrow when I discovered this. Unlike last night this presentation has nothing to do with my research. Its for course designing project thats undergoing in our department right now. I am working on how can we use Google Earth as teaching tool in Earth Sciences. Honestly Google Earth is cool and there is so many Google Earth files (that can be opened using Google Earth) available online. From Sea-surface temperatures, bathymeteric data, Real time Earthquake, Volcanology data to Weather snap-shots. Its awesome (I think I have already established the fact that I am a geek).

But the best feature is that you can switch to Sky (available in newer version, you have to download the newer version). And then there are again online files available on showing exploding stars etc. Or just revolve the sky around you. Its an amazing view. Just a few snap shots to prove my point...






1 comment:

  1. Hey Richa- Nice new look!
    You have totally revamped your blog. Really like it :)

    Also- loved the post "In a shock"... esp. the fact about nosey people- I sooo agree with that! Hate to have people assume the right to comment on my life- or make fun- which they do because they are "friends" Humphhh!

    But really, Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete