November 19, 2007

Work

As they say, if you need to get something done, you have to do it yourself. I took the day off today to finish off the novel I have been chewing on for so many days (Ah, the luxury of being a grad student). Anyway, that meant I was off line approximately the whole day today. I checked my mail just now to find that there have been 6 mails to and fro from two of my group-mates to book a conference room for a group meeting next week. I was copied on all of them. All you need to do is to go online see if any room is available and book it. 5 minutes job. But they can waste more time telling each other about it than actually doing it. Eeeee, people..its so hard to deal with them at times.

P.S.: I added two more mails in the whole charade and we still don't have a conference room reserved as I am having problem accessing Stanford network from home. It will be done tomorrow morning when I will be in my office.

2 comments:

  1. lol....see how important u are to ur group...:D...they cant even book room without you....i wonder what will happen when u are done with ur PHD....:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing. Someone else will learn how to book the room. Necessity is mother of all inventions/discovery. They will discover the procedure somehow...

    Honestly, importance for such a trivial task is annoying.

    ReplyDelete