January 21, 2010

Tradition

Ever since I watched the movie ‘Fiddler on the Roof’, every time I hear this word, namely tradition, which is quite often when one is Indian, my mind starts playing the first line of the song in a loop:

Tradition, Tradition!    Tradition!

I love this musical, well, just like most of the musicals I watch. If you get a chance to watch, don’t miss it. If you are an Indian, you will be able to relate to this musical.

P.S.: I got reminded of this word, again, namely tradition, by Apu’s latest post: “The Effect of not wearing Mangalsutra” and the subsequent post linked in this post: “Demonstrating Marriage”. Honestly, the entire time that I took to read the two post, the first line of the song kept looping in my mind:  Tradition, Tradition!    Tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Just saw the video, its really nice! Funny, this was Russia in the 1900's and is India right now! We really have our traditions!
    Also read the two posts in your PS. And got irritated with the world again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Those were my exact thoughts when I watched the movie.

    Yep, Apu's and IHM's posts usually have that effect on me as well. At times, I let those emotions loose here as well.

    ReplyDelete