September 17, 2009

Incredible

I am speechless. Honestly, do these people ever stop and think?

Okay, for those of you who are not aware of current US political scenario: Obama has been proposing a new health care reform. Okay, I need to step back even further.

Health care in US is very expensive so everyone needs to have a health insurance in order to cover for the cost. However, these insurances aren’t foolproof. A lot of people can’t afford them. Some are denied the coverage if they end up with something expensive. So Obama is proposing a health care reform in order to rectify few of these issues. Honestly, I am cynical about the reforms (mostly due to the way it works in UK) but I am not vehemently opposed to them.

So these people (mostly Republicans. Just FYI: Obama is a Democrat.) marched to Washington, D.C. opposing the reform which is perfectly fine. However, just listen to them and you would understand that they have no idea what-so-ever about what is going on in the current political scene ( I know it better than them and I don’t even have a right to vote!!). They are simply there to oppose Obama no matter what he do.

Also note the absence of any African American or any other ethnicity in the crowd (just not the people who were interviewed but the crowd behind them). They all are, forgive me, Whites. I know it’s a racist statement but it also happens to be true. It makes me wonder what this tea party was really about?

P.S.: 1. I am sure, I am late in posting this but I didn’t see the video before and as I am not a big fan of reform myself, I didn’t bother follow it up either.

2. Just to clarify: Ronald Reagan, Bush were Republicans (in reference to Czar debate) while Obama is a Democrat.

3. Most of them reminds me of Sarah Palin (Republican again). Actually, after watching this video, I finally understood how and why Sarah Palin could have become Governor of any state and could get nomination for Vice President. Bobby Jindal, however, still remains a mystery.

(Link via Jeff)

3 comments:

  1. about the video, its been the same in india, Opposition MP's had no idea why their party was opposing Nuclear deal, yet they were shouting slogans and disrupting the proceedings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In India, we are worse. We have criminals and illiterate people sitting in Parliament. I wouldn't expect any better from them anyways. How can I, when likes of Narendra Modi and Mayawati are Chief Ministers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In India, we are worse. We have criminals and illiterate people sitting in Parliament. I wouldn't expect any better from them anyways. How can I, when likes of Narendra Modi and Mayawati are Chief Ministers?

    ReplyDelete