September 21, 2009

Tuesday Tag

I have a lot to write but somehow words are not fitting together again. I write, I delete, I write again and delete again. So I decided to do a tag instead. I borrowed it from Nu’s blog. So here it goes:

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn on page 18 and find line 4.
A five-thousand-rupee marriage was a big affair for Malgudi. 


2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can & catch air?
What for?

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
House. Season 6 . Episode 1-2 (Today was the season premiere). BTW, if you are a House fan, then do watch them. they were crazy. I am looking forward to season 6 now.

4. Without looking, guess what time it is?
My Guess: 22 Hrs 03 mins 34 secs 67 milisecs. What? I am just guessing. It never said till how many decimal places..

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
22Hrs 09 mins.

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
My clock : tic-toc. tic-toc. tic- toc.
And my brain:  This is stupid. This is stupid. This is stupid.

7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
2-3 hours ago to throw the garbage.

8. Before you started this Q&As, what did you look at?
My laptop screen. What? It’s shiny. I am easily distracted.

9. What are you wearing?
Capri and T-shirt. Why is this important?

10. When did you last laugh?
Today afternoon while teasing a friend who was already having a bad day. Yes I am that mean..

11. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Clock. White board. A painting. And a PhD comics Calendar of 2008 showing the page of December 2008 which contains an illustration of Mike Slackenerny in Santa’s lap telling him his Christmas wish: “I want to graduate.”. The calendar will remain there till I  graduate. (picture taken from my mobile camera) DSC00197


12. Seen anything weird lately?
Freshmen (and women) are here (Today was the first day of school). They walk with this serious looks on their face as if smiling is an offence in Stanford. My guess: They are still in shock that they got in Stanford and think they will be thrown out of Stanford if they smile. Honestly, I pity those poor kids.

13. What do you think of this quiz?
Do I have to answer this? Oh ok. It is great. Much better than writing a post as I don’t need to think. Happy now?

14. What is the last film you saw?
P.S. I love you. Yesterday.
I mean I saw the movie yesterday not that I loved you yesterday.

15. If you became a multimillionaire overnight, what would you buy?
image
Hasselblad H3DII-50 plus all the accessories necessary to open a photo studio. I mean just look at this baby. And then imagine a camera with 50MP resolution, a 36 X 48 mm sensor (twice the size of full frame sensor) among other things. Someday baby, someday…


16.Tell me something about you that I dunno!
You are a moron. What? You asked to tell something about ‘you’. So I did.

17. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Nothing. What? You want to spoil this wonderful wonderful world of ours? Really? And they call me a cynic, a pessimist and all that.

Okay, Okay.I was just trying to fit in with the optimistic crowd. Since you are not as optimistic as you look, let’s get started with the list…

Okay fine. Don’t panic. We will do it some other day.

18. Do you like to Dance?
Nope. I will flee from the scene.

19. Imagine your first child is a girl , what do you call her?
Dhvani. (It means sound).

20. Imagine your first child is a boy , what do you call him?
Pratham (meaning First). Actually, if my second child is boy again, his name will be Dvitiya (meaning second) and so on, till Dhvani is born.  

21. Would you ever consider living abroad?
I already live abroad. You should ask whether I want to go back.

22. What do you want GOD to say to you when you reach the pearly gates?
I am going to hell. So no pearly gates for me or at least no meeting the GOD (that is if he do exists). I can tell you what all I will call the Devil when I meet him. But then let’s leave it to your imagination..
So here endth the tagth. It’s free for all tag. So feel free to use it.
***
On another note. I have been dying to tell that I received my first ever Blog award from PB. Thanks, dear. :)

ILoveYourBlog award

This means I get the honor of presenting to some of my favorite blogs. So here it goes (in no particular order):
Rachna (update please)
Sudipta
Terri’s Mom
Sunshine
Ramani
Viji (update please)

5 comments:

  1. Richa,
    thank you so so so sooooooooooooooooooooo
    much! I am really really happy and all smiles :)

    Loved your daughter's name. But aren't you being unjust to your sons and just naming them numerically? Tritiya,Chaturth, Pancham, Shashti, Saptam, Ashtam and Navam?? Phir dasvein ka kya naam hoga?
    If you have 2 daughters, they can be Dhvani and Roshni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome so soooo much :)

    Well I actually like the names Pratham, Dvitiya, Tritiya etc.. They are nice names on their own. Tenth son will be Dasham, eleventh Ekadash and so on. But I seriously hope it wouldn't come to that.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am thrilled to bits.. thanks much Matey ! Now you have pulled me back to blogging(sort of !)..

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@ You asked something about YOU... kids actually do this, get all mixed up in yous and mes :)

    Congratulations on your blog award !! I am sure amny more will come your way :)

    Dhwani is a nice name :) Pratham is a name actually... but not sure about dwitiya etc. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ IHM: Hehehe..honestly I didn't know what to write in that one. I don't even remember any more what all have I relieved about myself on this blog. And obviously I don't personally know the hypothetical questioner so I went the other way.. :)

    Thanks! I am so happy about it!! At times I simply come to my blog to stare at it!

    Hahaha..I have also heard the name Pratham before but not Dvitiya (though Advitiya is a common name) or others. I wondered about it when I first heard the name Pratham and decided my boys would be named numerically!! I like all the names...and it will be so easy to remember...I won't confuse my kids that way! ;)

    ReplyDelete