March 1, 2008

It's official..

...I don't know how to party. I don't seem to get the essence of "partying" to start with. How is getting drunk and making complete fool of yourself or passing out, FUN? Not that I haven't made complete fool of myself but usually its unintentional or may be because I am trying out something new. Or may be simply because I love doing whatever I am doing. At those times, I don't care AND I don't need to get drunk for that. But just simply getting drunk and making fool of yourself...I honestly don't get it.

I am simply trying to be a bit more social these days. But I think social "aptness" is not my cup of tea (or coffee, or coke, or whatever kind of beverage you prefer). I lasted an hour tonight. I am not trying it out again any time soon.

Anyways, I am back in my warm nice bed with the most romantic book ever. Yeah, yeah...I am a total social failure and I don't care anymore.

Though, since we are on the topic: How is social success or rather, social aptness, defined? Number of contacts? Number of parties you get invited to? Number of people who know you? Number of personal emails you receive in a day? Number of evenings you spend socializing? What is the barometer for measuring social success? Any ideas? And moreover, why is it so damn important?

P.S.: Sorry. I don't swear usually. At least, not since my college days. :)

1 comment:

  1. I thought social success has other end also. is it the magnitude of social work to the society. i know u wrote frm a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete