March 3, 2008

Grammar

I always had an inferiority complex about my language skills, especially when it comes to English. I always consoled myself by reminding that English isn't my first language so its ok for me not to be skilled in the language. But at times, I meet people with their first and only language as English that makes me proud of my English skill. One sample:

I'm Jason Fishbain I am 32 years old and I currently live in martinez, but work at Intel. Since I will be moving if need be I have furniture, tables a couple couches and more a 52 inch HDTV.I recently lost my 7 yr old Basset Hound to stomach cancer, but still have an older Bloodhound, she's adorable and in fact she sleeps 20 hrs a day. As for me I will be working a full time IT job for Intel in Santa Clara I love animals you can c mine at www.XYZ.org If dogs aren't allowed I can have her stay with my friend. I'm very easy going and a civil rights activist during the 10 yrs or so I lived in Humboldt before moving to the bay almost a yr ago let me know whatcba think, I have a 215 recomendation and ideally would love to be able to utilize it

Thanks
Jason

Honestly, my English (at least the writing skills) are much better than this. My grammar isn't as bad either. I at least use a "Period" every now and then.. :)

As for his mail, I am not sure about its purpose. Here are few logical conclusions that I can draw from his mail:

1. He love dogs. (Just a slight digression: Did he say that his dog sleep for 20 hours? I never had any pet but somehow I think that something is wrong with his dog...)
2. He is either very confused or very evasive.

Honestly, he has 215 recommendations and he wants to utilize it? I don't even know 215 people...

P.S.: I just noticed the name of the writer..FISHBAIN. I know I am a hypocrite making fun of someone else's name when I can't tolerate a single snide on mine but this is too good an opportunity to let go: Isn't there some thing FISHY about this mail? :)

1 comment:

  1. well i hav the same complex. Its for u to judge, seeing my comments :)

    ReplyDelete