November 8, 2019

Na

...for Sodium. So I have been reading up on the weight gain due to medication. And up comes one of my pet peeves- Reducing the amount of sodium in the diet. I have never been able to understand this one. So searched how sodium is related to weight gain.

Well, as it turns out (since I need to qualify everything these days, here is one- I am not a medical doctor. My knowledge on the subject is solely based on the Google search), sodium retains more water in the body, hence increasing the body weight. Another one says that sodium intake and weight gain are correlated. Although they did qualify that sodium is indeed not the cause of weight gain but as high sodium diets like chips, fast food, etc. are also high-calorie diets, this causes weight gain.

So going back to water retention and apparent weight gain. Honestly, I am not that much fussed about the weight number that I stop water intake. As per me, water is the solution of most of the minor sickness and is good for your skin, hair, and almost all bodily function. In short, I am a big fan of water intake. And if sodium helps me to retain more water in the body, I don't really mind. As long as all my organs are working fine, I wouldn't mind the number called weight due to water.

But then that's me. Everyone must have their own take on this. Let me know what you think. Or if I have missed something critical about sodium intake, please do let me know.

**Rant over**

P.S.: Grammarly thinks that my rant is:
Hmm...interesting. I think this is an improvement. Hope someday they have a tone called 'Rant'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment